1. Hello Ruben, for starters, could you introduce yourself to our readers?
I’m Ruben Wolf from Germany, born in Augsburg, Bavaria.
2. When you started with martial arts?
I played hockey utill 2010, and in that same year I started fighting.
3. Have you always been into martial arts, or were you interested in othersports too?
Actually I always counted hockey as my main sport and also bmx racing, and I had some other hobbies too.
4.How old were you when you first stepped in the ring?
I was 24
5. Which is the victory in your career that you treasure the most?
Against James Mulheron, a No1 in UK… I won by KO in the 3rd round.
6. Describe yourself in three words?
I’ll let this to those who know me.
7. Many people think that martial arts are not a sport at all, but violence. What is your message to those people?
Go in a gym and train with fighters and keep looking for violence!
8. Can you tell us more about your last fight in Russia?
Great fight, it was 15min pure of battle; I got a lot of respect. They treated me like I won the fight and that’s why Russia means that much to me.
9. What goes up in your mind when walking into the ring –are you focused on the fight, what is the level of nervousness and adrenalin?
I try to keep myself calm as possibly as I can. I don’t want to waste any energy on nervousness. That’s why in the first round I often look like I’m going to lose the fightm while in fact I’m just not that hyped and aggressive like most fighters.
10. Where and when is your next fight?
The gate to east is open after efn50: I would like to keep goin in russia because I feel that when fighting there nothing else can bother you. Anyway, Im looking for big names and big shows; we’ll see what’s next.
11. What is your life motto?
Keep your gods and ancestors proud of whom you are.
12. You travel around the world a lot. Can you share some anecdotes from your travels?
Get out there and see as much as is possible even if your stay is short. You never know when you’ll have the chance to see it again.
13. Where and with who do you train?
At GYM23 in Vienna, one of the biggest and best in Europe. We have some good guys there like Rakić, Turek, Gullemino, Schober and many more.
14. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Still fighting for sure… and possibly riding a Harley in the sunset. 😉
15. What are your goals and wishes?
I just want to fight on a Top Level and making a good living with that
16. Where and when give you nickname Viking?
I don’t remember. I’ve been called Viking for a long time even outside the ring.
17. What kind of a man is Ruben Wolf in private?
A Viking who struggels with modern live.
18. Which fight do you remember best?
My first KO win in the second fight. It was brutal, my opponent was injured badly and in hospital for a while.
19. What do you do in your free time?
Hang with my family and dogs.
20. What is your favourite food?
Sounds stereotype but I have to say steak.
21. Your message to fans and friends?
Thanks for the support folks, and stay true!!! I raise my horn to you!!!
Thank you and all the best in your career
Photo credits: Fight-Madness & Ruben Wolf private archive